Friday, October 1, 2010

Here we go!


OK - What can I do to read lots of books in a short amount of time and make sure I stay on track? Make a pledge to read 100 books during this school year then post it on the internet and tell all the students in my school so they can keep me honest, of course!

My plan is to read 100 books during the 2010-2011 school year. I'm going to read all kinds of stories - funny, sad, scary, adventurous, quiet, long, short, with pictures, without pictures. All kinds of stories.

Wish me luck and give me suggestions! I’ll keep you posted on this blog!

5 comments:

  1. Ms. McCabe, what a fantastic idea, I love your blog!

    Andrea Ziltzer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ms. McCabe, I'm impressed with your speed! And your books reviews are helpful.
    Kathy McCabe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I am going to join the bandwagon and read 100 books too. This a great idea. Middle School Librarian from North Carolina.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see you are reading such a wide variety, easy titles, young adult, adult, new items, older titles. How have you gone about choosing the books to read? Did you have a list you wanted to read before the year started? Are you taking requests from others?! Just curious.
    This is a WONDERFUL idea. I hope to take it on next school year. Thanks for sharing!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    I don't really have any method to my book choices and had no real "plan" before I started. Some are new books I've ordered for my school library, some are books I've been meaning to get around to reading. Others just catch me in a moment - the Greek god books for example. I was walking around the library gathering resources for my students and I kept stopping to read the books before I put them on the cart.

    I would LOVE suggestions for great books!! I get bored if I read the same kinds of books all the time (just YA, adult, graphic novels, etc.) and usually am reading a few different books at one time. Suggestions of your favorites are welcome! This has been a very fun project and my students are keeping me honest! I put up a big thermometer-type sign in the hallway outside the library to let everyone know where I (and the other students who are trying to read as much as they can) are. It's been fun!

    ReplyDelete