Sunday, October 3, 2010

2 down - 98 to go

Just finished A Curse Dark as Gold by Elizabeth Bunce. It's a great story in the tradition of "name the helper" fairy tales. I've always had a little trouble with the Rumplestiltskin story (why would the father lie about his daughter's abilities? Why would a troll/goblin/magic man want a baby?), but Bunce gives a great history to her mysterious helper.


I also finished The Black Book of Secrets by F.E. Higgins. Another good read with a little mystery to it. We all have our secrets - some more sinister than others. Would you want your secrets recorded in a black book?

Now I'm working on Guardian of the Dead. It's just mysterious and scary enough to be PERFECT for October. I love Halloween and this book is getting me in the mood!

No comments:

Post a Comment