Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Just a darn good book.

I am gearing up for the Parent-Child Book Group this Thursday night and re-read The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin. After finishing it, I realized (again) how much I love this book. If you haven't read it, go read it. If you haven't read it in a while, go read it again. I love Jake.

I also totally scared myself this weekend reading R.L. Stine's All-Night Party. Yikes, maybe a mistake to read this before bedtime! Good read right before Halloween!

I went to BookFest@Bank Street College this weekend and had a blast! Laurie Halse Anderson was there and she was great. Very inspiring and I got lots of ideas to use at school. I can't wait to read her new book Forge, the sequel to Chains. It's at the top of the pile!

I also read Toads and Diamonds by Heather Tomlinson for this conference and participated in a great discussion about it along with Guardian of the Dead and A Curse Dark as Gold. Great discussion! I learned so much. Thanks to all who participated!

No comments:

Post a Comment