Monday, January 3, 2011

Snowed In

This holiday was a snowy one. But that gave me plenty of time to read! This time there was a mix of adult and Young Adult books.

A Tale Dark and Grimm by Adam Gidwitz was a trip! Gidwitz fills the reader in on the real story behind some of Grimm's famous fairy tales. I never knew the witch with the candy house was just the beginning for Hansel and Gretel. Dragons, dates with the devil, chopping off heads, chopping off fingers, surviving in the woods - there's non stop action in this one!! Great read aloud for the whole family.


Now for some adult fare...
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson. This is the final book in the trilogy that starts with The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. While definitely not for children, I loved these books, disturbing at times, but I love these characters and am sorry that there won't be any more books about Lisbeth and Mikael.

Lastly I listened to Cross by James Patterson. I have listened to several Alex Cross books and have enjoyed them. I love the alternating narrators and this one didn't let me down. I'm so glad Alex finally gets some closer on who killed his wife Maria!

No comments:

Post a Comment